Managing your social media accounts can be quite tasking and time-consuming. To maintain your presence on your socials, you must create relevant content and post regularly.
Besides that, you should engage with your customer/audience regularly – reply to messages, comment/like posts.
Also, each social media platform has times when your audience is most active. If you want to get the maximum engagement on your posts, they should be scheduled for those periods.
How can you manage all these tasks without getting overwhelmed?
Social media scheduling tools!
No-one expects you to manage all your social media activities yourself. Moreover, it is almost an impossible feat to be online every time to post. And if you somehow manage that, it may become an inefficient use of your time.
This is where scheduling tools come in handy for you.
Scheduling tools are automation tools that help you schedule your social media posts ahead of time. With a social media scheduling tool, you can create multiple posts together at once. You can then save and schedule them to go live at specific periods in the week.
That way, you can manage your account better and free up time to create new content. Besides, most social media scheduling tools are loaded with features like team collaboration and analytics/reporting.
All these features are designed to help you manage your social media accounts efficiently and save time.
Create a cohesive aesthetic for your account
Scheduled posts help you create a consistent routine and form an aesthetic for your account.
Over time, you’d create a pattern of posts on your social media – a cohesive aesthetic. With scheduled posts, you can create an artistic effect with the way your posts appear on your page.
You can play around with the colours/patterns that appear on your pages. Scheduling your posts makes it easy to create this aesthetic effect on your page.
Scheduling posts ahead of time can free up time for you to focus on other business activities.
Now you can create content at the most convenient time and simply schedule it to post at the right time. With that, you can avoid worrying about manual posting.
You can decide to use that time to dive into analytics and create new strategies for your social media marketing. You can also spend more time engaging with your customers.
Improve customer engagement
Scheduling your posts can also improve your customer engagement. Not only does it create more time for you to reply to your message, it can also help achieve a sort of balanced pattern for your posts.
Let’s say you post motivational quotes every Monday, product pictures on Tuesdays, and funny memes on Fridays.
Your audience will know what type of post to expect and when to expect it. It gives them something to look forward to and you can drive up your engagement with that.
Plan campaigns easily
With scheduled posts, it is easier to plan and manage your marketing campaigns. When you put effort into planning and scheduling your post, you can be intentional about your post.
You can determine the relevant content to post and the best time to post. That way, it is easy to stick to your content strategy and measure your results.
You also get some free time. When all your posts are planned and scheduled ahead, you can take some time off because your social media posts are covered.
No moment of panic rush during your time off because you need to post content. You can use this free time to relax and come up with more creative ideas for your post.
Never run out of what to post
With scheduled posts, you’ll never run out of what to post. Because you’ve scheduled your posts, you know where the holes are in your schedules already.
You can plan around and create a variety of content from old posts to fill in that space.
Are Scheduling Tools Worth Your Money and Time?
At this point, you understand the need to schedule your posts. But are social media scheduling tools worth your money and time? Why should you use a social media scheduling tool?
1. Better CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
Most social media scheduling tools offer your customer relationship management feature. With this feature, you can reply to all messages across all your profiles from a single dashboard.
You can quickly reply to your messages without having to switch between profiles. Additionally, you can manage and track your conversation efficiently because they are in one place.
With your scheduling tool, you can manage all your social media accounts from one place. Most businesses rely on several channels and profiles for their marketing. It can be quite tasking to shuffle between these several profiles.
A social media scheduling tool can save you all that stress. It put all your social profiles information together in a spot, including your messages. So, you can schedule your posts, reply to your messages, and all your accounts from your dashboard.
3. Analytics/Reporting tools
Most scheduling tools are loaded with advanced analytic and reporting tools to help you track your performance. From your dashboard, you can follow and measure the progress of your marketing strategies.
Some tools offer listening tools to help you understand your customers and competitors better. These listening tools let you see how your customers/competitors respond to new trends and development in your industry.
4. Simplifies your content management process
The content library and social media calendar are tools that help you manage and simplify your content management process.
On most scheduling tools, you can create and save variations of content. Others have features to help you create variations of the same content for your different profiles.
What To Look For When Choosing a Scheduling Tool
To decide if a social media scheduling tool is perfect for you, you must be sure it can handle your needs. Here are the key factors to consider when choosing a scheduling tool:
- Social media channels: Check if the scheduling tools support your social media integrations.
- Posting Schedule: How many posts can you queue and post per day. Ensure the number of posts you can schedule is enough for you.
- Analytics/Reporting: Do you need analytics and reporting tools? How advanced should the analytic tool be? Make sure the social media scheduling tool can handle your analytics needs if you are particular about that.
- Team Collaboration: Do you require a team collaboration feature? How many users for your account?
- Pricing: Do you want a free or paid plan? What is your budget? Can the social media scheduling tool cover your social media needs for your budget?
Before you settle on a scheduling tool, you should be sure it fits your needs. And to do that, you have to review the different scheduling tools.
To make that easier for you, we have reviewed several tools and created a list of the best social media scheduling tools for you.
Sprout Social’s social media management tool is one-in-all scheduling and posting tool. It offers content scheduling and publishing with advanced analytics and social listening features.
The interface is clean, intuitive, and clean to use. You can easily use the content calendar to plan, schedule, and add notes about your activities during the week.
The social media tool is designed for agencies and businesses of all sizes to help them get the best social media results. The analytics and reporting feature is also pretty straightforward. The reports are easy to understand even if you are not well versed in social media.
Sprout social offers 3 pricing plans starting from $99 per user monthly.
- Standard: The standard plan is priced at $99 monthly. With the standard plan, you can connect only 5 social media profiles.
- Professional: The professional plan is priced at $149 monthly. You can integrate 10 social profiles into your account.
- Advanced: This is the highest pricing tier, and it is priced at $249 monthly. The advanced plan offers integration with 10 social profiles, access to all the professional features and other features.
There is currently no free plan on Sprout Social. However, the platform offers a 30 days free trial period for you to test run the tool.
To get started with a free trial, you’ll need to create an account. This process is simple, straightforward, and doesn’t require your credit card details.
After signing up, you only need to connect your social profiles to start using the features.
For now, the platform supports Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Google+. It also integrates with Google Analytics, Bitly, Zendesk, UserVoice, and Feedly.
Pros & Cons
- Team collaboration tools
- An interactive and collaborative content calendar
- Social listening features
- Integration to support tools like Zendesk and UserVoice for Support teams.
- The pricing is expensive. Small business owners and entrepreneur find this scheduling tool quite expensive for their needs
- You can connect a limited number of social profiles (10 at most)
- Scheduling Capabilities: 4/5
- Social Media Management Tools: 4/5
- Reporting/Analytics: 4.5/5
Here is a scheduling tool designed especially for visual platforms like Instagram, Tiktok, and Pinterest. Later is a visual social marketing platform that makes it easier to plan and schedule posts, videos, and Instagram stories.
The tool can be used by businesses of any size to manage and grow their social profile, especially on Instagram. With the automatic Instagram scheduling tool, you can schedule content directly to your Instagram page and story.
With the conversation management tool, you can respond to all your comments and messages from your dashboard.
Later offers a free plan with 3 paid plans. Besides that, you can customise your plan to meet your social media needs.
- The starter plan is at $12.50 monthly billed yearly or $15 per month.
- The Growth plan is at $20.83 monthly billed yearly or at $25 per month.
- The Advanced plan is $33.33 monthly billed yearly or at $40 per month.
How to get started
Creating and setting up your account is easy; you only need your email to sign up and can upgrade your plan at any point.
Connect your social profiles to get started. The tool asks some questions during the integration process to properly set up your account.
When you are all set up, your dashboard should look like this:
Pros & Cons
- Informational emails from Later that help you stay up to date about new Instagram trends.
- The platform is straightforward to use.
- The Media library and Collect Media make it easy to upload visuals and schedule Instagram and TikTok posts.
- The Suggest Hashtags feature helps to develop great hashtags that can help you extend your post’s reach.
- The Scheduling post feature is top-notch. The preview function lets you see all your upcoming posts at a glance. You can also change the time for scheduled posts by moving them around on the Calendar.
- The tool is designed mainly for businesses that are focused on Instagram, TikTok, or Pinterest marketing. It is less practical for other channels like Twitter and Facebook.
- You can’t post to LinkedIn or other social profiles apart from Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Scheduling Capabilities: 4/5
- Social Media Management Tools: 5/5
- Reporting/Analytics: 3/5
CoSchedule is an editorial and marketing calendar that integrates with WordPress, Google Calendar, social media, analytics. It is not only meant for social media management; you can also use it to handle other parts of your marketing and projects.
Apart from that, the collaborative editorial Calendar makes it easy for you to manage your team and collaborate on projects.
Furthermore, the free headline analyser tool can help you craft creative and attention-grabbing headlines for your posts.
With the CoSchedule marketing suite tools, you can schedule content for both your blog and social profile from one place. You can also manage your paid ads campaign from your dashboard.
CoSchedule offers a 14-day free trial for both Bosnia & Herzegovina Phone Number List their marketing calendar and marketing suite feature.
- Marketing Calendar: The marketing calendar is billed at $29 monthly per annum or $39 monthly.
- Marketing Suite: Customised to suit your needs. You can get plans for as low as $15 with review and referral discounts.
How to Get Started
To get started with a marketing calendar, all you need to do is create an account. However, it is a bit different for the marketing suite.
The platform requires you to provide a work email and your website URL to start using the marketing suite tools.
After you have created an account, you get access to your dashboard.
Therefore, You can plan all your activities, including your posting schedule, with the calendar tool. The calendar is quite flexible. If you want to change the schedule, you can simply drag/drop the calendar event.
Pros & Cons
- It organises all your marketing in one place
- It is a great collaboration tool for teams to work on projects.
- The pricing is quite affordable.
- With its WordPress Integration, you can plan your blogs and social media in one place.
- There is no bulk scheduling
- The interface is not user-friendly. It is a bit stressful to switch between tabs
- You can’t schedule directly to post on WordPress and Instagram.
- Scheduling Capabilities: 3/5
- Social Media Management Tools: 4/5
- Reporting/Analytics: 3/5
Therefore, Buffer is a simple yet comprehensive social media management tool. It offers you scheduling, publishing, analytics, and engagement features.
On Buffer, you can schedule and publish directly to Instagram stories. With its Analyse tool, you can easily measure your social media performance, gain insights and even get recommendations from the platform.
One of its outstanding features is Pablo – an easy-to-use graphic creation tool. With Pablo, you can easily create graphics for your social media posts without leaving the platform.
Buffer’s clean and straightforward interface makes it one of the easiest social media management tools for your scheduling.
Buffer offers 3 pricing plans and a free version of their tool.
- Free Forever: With the free forever tool, you can integrate 3 social media channels with 10 scheduled posts monthly.
- Pro: The Pro plan allows you to connect 8 social channels and 100 scheduled posts monthly at $15 monthly.
- Premium: With the premium plan, you can connect 8 profiles and 2 users at $65 monthly.
- Business: This is designed for teams, and you can connect up to 6 users and 25 social profiles. It is billed at $99 monthly.
There is a free 14-day trial on each of the paid plans.
How to Get Started
Therefore, It is super easy to create an account on Buffer. You can decide to start with the free plan if it can handle your social media scheduling needs. Or you can opt-in for the free trial period on the paid plans to check out the features.
After signing up, you have to connect your social profile to start using the scheduling tool. Therefore, Buffer supports Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.